Woman Distraught After Fire In Childhood Home

By  | 

A Pueblo woman is distraught after a fire started in her childhood home.

When the house fire was first reported, police told 11 News that the home was vacant. 11 News has learned that the owner had just moved out, and his family was trying to figure out what to do with it. His sister tells 11 News that while no one is currently living in the house, it's where she and her brother grew up.

Her brother currently owns the home, located near the intersection of Pine and Summit in Pueblo, because the siblings' parents are deceased.

The fire started around 3:30 a.m. Friday in the basement and spread from there. The exact extent of damage is unknown, but firefighters say fire has made it too dangerous for anyone to go inside at the moment, including investigators.

Firefighters got the fire under control within an hour.

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus