A dog is safe and sound thanks to firefighters, who rescued him after a fire broke out on the back deck of his home early Sunday morning.
Neighbors spotted the fire at a home on the 4100 block of Brush Creek shortly before 5:30 a.m. and called the Colorado Springs Fire Department. A spokesman with the Fire Department says the neighbors' vigilance at spotting and reporting the fire likely saved the home; crews were able to get to the scene quickly enough to contain the fire to the deck.
Though no people were home at the time, firefighters were informed on the way to the scene that a family pet was trapped inside. Crews searched the home for the dog and got him out of the house.
The dog is now staying with a neighbor until his owners return.
KKTV firmly believes in freedom of speech for all and we are happy to provide this forum for the community to share opinions and facts. We ask that commenters keep it clean, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments left here do not necessarily represent the viewpoint of KKTV 11 News.
If you believe that any of the comments on our site are inappropriate or offensive, please tell us by clicking “Report Abuse” and answering the questions that follow. We will review any reported comments promptly.powered by Disqus