A man trying to make hash oil with a butane torch in his bathroom caused an explosion that "significantly" damaged an apartment, according to Colorado Springs Police.
It happened shortly after 10:00 p.m. Saturday at the Grandview Apartments located on the 2500 block of E. Pikes Peak Ave.
Police say the man left the apartment before they arrived, but was found later and taken to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
No other apartments were damaged because of the explosion and no one else was hurt, according to police.
Colorado Springs police, fire, and arson units are investigating the incident.
No arrests have been made.
KKTV firmly believes in freedom of speech for all and we are happy to provide this forum for the community to share opinions and facts. We ask that commenters keep it clean, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments left here do not necessarily represent the viewpoint of KKTV 11 News.
If you believe that any of the comments on our site are inappropriate or offensive, please tell us by clicking “Report Abuse” and answering the questions that follow. We will review any reported comments promptly.powered by Disqus
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.