There was a drug take-back day Saturday in El Paso and Pueblo counties from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Residents had the opportunity to drop off their unused and expired prescription medications.
Tablets, capsules, liquids were accepted.
Items like needles, oxygen containers, mercury thermometers, chemo or radioactive substances, pressurized canisters or illegal drugs were not allowed.
The Pueblo County Sheriff's Office says that last year over 324 tons of expired and/or unused prescription drugs were turned in nationwide. The initiative is to help prevent potential prescription drug theft and abuse.
Drop Off Locations
- Springs Police Operations Center located at 705 S. Nevada Ave., COS
- Security Fire Station located at 400 Security Blvd., Security
- Household Hazardous Waste Facility, 3255 Akers Drive, COS
- Memorial Hospital North located at 4050 Briargate Pkwy, COS
- Pueblo County Sheriff's Office located at 320 Joe Martinez Blvd., Pueblo
- Pueblo Rural Fire Department located at 24941 Hwy 50 E., Pueblo
- Pueblo Police Department located at 200 S. Main Street., Pueblo
- Pueblo County Sheriff's Office-Colorado City substation, 4497 Bent Brothers Boulevard, Colorado City