Dozens of people have been forced out of their homes after a fire at a Denver apartment overnight.
Fourteen units have been deemed "uninhabitable," with 70-90 residents displaced.
Our sister station KCNC says firefighters were greeted by heavy smoke when they responded to the Valley Park Apartments just before 3 a.m. Tuesday. Eight fire companies and 36 firefighters responded.
Residents were all able to get out safely, and there were no injuries reported.
The assistant fire chief on scene told KCNC that the fire appears to have been caused by an electrical issue. Officials believe it started in a utility area.
KKTV firmly believes in freedom of speech for all and we are happy to provide this forum for the community to share opinions and facts. We ask that commenters keep it clean, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments left here do not necessarily represent the viewpoint of KKTV 11 News.
If you believe that any of the comments on our site are inappropriate or offensive, please tell us by clicking “Report Abuse” and answering the questions that follow. We will review any reported comments promptly.powered by Disqus
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.