KKTV 11 News | Colorado Springs, Pueblo |  Breaking News| Weather | School Closings | Traffic

Family Displaced After House Fire

By: KKTV
By: KKTV

A space heater placed too close to combustible material is reportedly to blame for a mobile home fire early Friday morning.

That was the conclusion firefighters reached three hours after responding to the fire at The Meadows Mobile Home Park off Astrozon in Colorado Springs. The call came in around 3:30 a.m. Firefighters had the fire under control within 20 minutes.

The extent of damage is unknown, but firefighters say a family of five was displaced. Police tell us there were three people inside the home when the fire started, and all were able to escape on their own.

Firefighters believe the space heater may have been too close to a blanket, but have not confirmed that.


KKTV firmly believes in freedom of speech for all and we are happy to provide this forum for the community to share opinions and facts. We ask that commenters keep it clean, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments left here do not necessarily represent the viewpoint of KKTV 11 News.

If you believe that any of the comments on our site are inappropriate or offensive, please tell us by clicking “Report Abuse” and answering the questions that follow. We will review any reported comments promptly.

powered by Disqus
KKTV 520 E. Colorado Colorado Springs, CO 80903 Office: (719) 634-2844 Fax: (719) 632-0808 News Fax: (719) 634-3741
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 257644081 - kktv.com/a?a=257644081