Firefighters rescued several residents who were trapped after a fire broke out at an apartment complex in Fountain Wednesday morning.
The fire broke out shortly before 3 a.m. on Grinde Drive, which is located off Highway 85/87 near Fountain Creek Regional Park. It started in the bedroom of a lower-level unit after the Fountain Fire Department says a heating pad malfunctioned.
Firefighters had the fire under control under an half an hour, and got all trapped residents out safely. Ambulances were on scene providing medical assistance to residents. Our crew on scene says three people were treated for minor smoke inhalation. One firefighter was injured when a ceiling gave way, but was back to battling the fire after getting treated.
The fire was declared officially out at 6:40 a.m.
The woman living in the unit where the fire started has been displaced. Her home is a total loss. Surrounding units did sustain some smoke damage, but no other residents have been reported as displaced.
The Red Cross is assisting the woman who was displaced.
KKTV firmly believes in freedom of speech for all and we are happy to provide this forum for the community to share opinions and facts. We ask that commenters keep it clean, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments left here do not necessarily represent the viewpoint of KKTV 11 News.
If you believe that any of the comments on our site are inappropriate or offensive, please tell us by clicking “Report Abuse” and answering the questions that follow. We will review any reported comments promptly.powered by Disqus
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.