Colorado Springs, Pueblo Post Offices NOT to Close Under Plan

Post authorities say 63 of Colorado's 390 post offices are on the list for possible closure. None are in Colorado Springs or Pueblo.

They say the reason for the move, a budget shortfall. Today they released a list of post offices slated to close. Under the plan roughly one in 10 retail outlets would shut down.

Last year the post office lost $8 billion while running more than 3,600 local offices, branches and stations.

Recently, business has declined at many of these locations That's blamed on a move away from the first-class stamp to the Internet. Also, the recession led to a decline in advertising mail.

Most of the offices targeted are in rural areas, but postal official say they are looking into alternatives, like putting offices in businesses, town halls or community centers.

Below is the complete list released by postal authorities.

• by @Anonymous 3:37pm on Jul 27, 2011 at 06:34 PM
    Get over it, you pathetic freak!
  • by Anonymous on Jul 27, 2011 at 02:37 PM
    "None is in Colorado Springs or Pueblo." None ARE in Colorado Springs or Pueblo, "educated" Gazette journalist...watch out: you're next for the layoff list...
  • by Colorado Location: C/S on Jul 27, 2011 at 02:13 PM
    I love our mailman. He's observant and if the police would ask him about any strange happenings in our neighborhood, strang cars or strangers he could tell them. He wears his uniform everyday, and you could set your watch by when your mail arrives. I don't want the mail service to go by way of the dinosaur
  • by Anonymous on Jul 27, 2011 at 10:48 AM
    I'm not buying a car I'm mailing a package. It should be easy. Don't ask me if I want the package there tomorrow for $50. I will say "NO" just like everyone in line behind you. If you are mailing you should know what you want thereby skipping the long list of questions at the counter. Most of the long wait is due to the question & answer sessions.
  • by Paperless? on Jul 27, 2011 at 08:41 AM
    Paperless sounds so convenient but imagine a time when you have no control over deductions made on your account. Imagine one day when your income tax is due and is deducted whether you have the money or not and the resulting penalties. This is a convenience for your government and the banks...not for you.
  • by Arctic Warrior Location: Califorado Springs on Jul 27, 2011 at 06:32 AM
    My carrier can't even deliver mail correctly. I don't know how many times I've received mail for my neighbors or for mail the next block over from me. Do they even read? Also, noticed they no longer wear uniforms either.
  • by rob Location: colorado springs on Jul 27, 2011 at 06:27 AM
    The post office needs to get out of the business of front door deliveries. It's a massive waste of resources (fuel, manpower, vehicles) to deliver mail to the door. It's also unsafe to have bills and statements with account numbers sitting outside your house. Mail should be delivered to the community post office and we drop by when we feel like it, to pick up the mail. This is original plan of post offices. PO Boxes should be cheap or free. It cost far less to put the mail in a PO Box at the community Post Office, than it is to have some one drive to my street, walk up to the mail box, and deliver the mail.
  • by rob Location: colorado springs on Jul 27, 2011 at 06:26 AM
  • by David Location: Colorado Springs on Jul 26, 2011 at 06:08 PM
    Here's a few ways the U.S. Post Office can trim the fat: 1. Use the package boxes at apartment complexes. Throwing a pink slip in my mailbox and forcing me to spend an hour of my time when there's a perfectly good package box 6 feet away is a GROSS waste of my time AND U.S. Postal Service resources. 2. Come up with an e-stamp system. It probably costs you $0.20 to produce each $0.41 stamp. Hint: NOT cost-effective. Running an envelope through a printer to receive a bar-coded date-time stamp (yymmddss) plus a unique, sequential number tied to the user's login would save us buku time and the U.S. Postal Service buku money (use once, no longer valid). You already have bar-code readers, so... That's in five minutes of thinking. Perhaps I should work for the Post Office! 4. Analyze geographic areas people tend to frequent or at least pass by the most. Malls? Shopping centers? Walmart? Many would be happy to donate space just to bring customers inside their facilities. Ok, that's four. Time for change, folks. Step 1 is to fire those within the U.S. Post Office who're opposing change. Dinosaurs die. If you can't change with the times, you've earned your demise. That's five...
  • by Why Not on Jul 26, 2011 at 05:48 PM
    Residential needs to be Mon,Wed & Fri. Businesses 5 days a week. I get more flyers and grocery store ads than personal mail. If my address wasn't on the junk mail I would put that junk mail back in the mail box. I receive all my bill statements online, and pay online. Now I know not everyone has that capability to do that or for what ever reason don't want to pay their bills online. However it works for me. Trust me it just a matter of years before they do close some branches and I for one want miss it!!!!
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 126200418 - kktv.com/a?a=126200418