For $5, El Paso County and the City of Colorado Springs will recycle your Christmas tree. Recycling will take place at seven locations over the next two weekends.
On December 31 and January 1, and on January 7 and 8, trees can be recycled between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. at:
- Baptist Road Trailhead, located at Baptist Road & Old Denver Highway
- Falcon Trailhead, located southwest of Woodmen Road & McLaughlin Road
- Cottonwood Creek Park, located at Dublin Boulevard & Montarbor Drive
- Sky Sox Stadium, located at Barnes Road & Tutt Boulevard
- Rock Ledge Ranch, located at Gateway Road (to Garden of the Gods) & 30th Street
- Memorial Park, located at Pikes Peak Avenue & Union Boulevard
The seventh location, at 1755 E. Las Vegas, will be open from 8:00 a.m. through 4:00 p.m. Monday through Saturday between December 27 and 31 and again from January 3 to 31.
All decorations must be removed before drop-off.
Trees will be ground into mulch at all locations and given away free. Those who want mulch should bring their own tools, because equipment is only available to load the mulch at the 1755 E. Las Vegas location.