Colorado Lawmakers To Debate Daylight Savings Time

By: Associated Press
By: Associated Press

Spring forward or fall back?

Colorado lawmakers are planning to debate changes to daylight savings time when they convene next year.

The Denver Post reports that one proposal would make daylight savings time permanent, while another would keep the state on standard time year-round.

Sen. Greg Brophy, a Republican from Wray, wants Colorado to permanently run on daylight saving time, giving people more daylight in the evenings to enjoy the outdoors.

Rep. Ed Vigil, a Democrat from Fort Garland, wants Colorado to join Hawaii and Arizona in staying on standard time year-round because he says farmers and ranchers no longer need the extra daylight to work their fields.

• by Konni Location: Fort Collins, CO on Feb 21, 2011 at 10:35 AM
    I think changing the time back and forth each spring is a farce. The original intent is no longer effective in our society and I've heard on the news that we have more car accidents on the Monday after the clocks are changed. Pick one and keep it year round.
  • by Jenn Location: Colorado Springs on Dec 9, 2010 at 01:15 PM
    @PEN YOU should be so blessed than!! If you hadn't heard our unemployment rate has shot back up. Although I may not be part of the unemployment line I do feel for those that are having it tuff during our holiday season. I hope that since you have nothing to worry about that you are at least giving during your time of prosperity?
  • by @me on Dec 9, 2010 at 12:04 PM
    "They" say it's true so it really must be. You're a little on the special side aren't you?
  • by Fed Location: Up on Dec 9, 2010 at 11:37 AM
    FINALLY!! It's taken them a long time to see what a waste it is to keep changing the time. I agree with Stuart - just pick one!
  • by outdoors lover Location: Pueblo on Dec 9, 2010 at 09:54 AM
    I hope they vote for the daylight saving. With daylight saving time people would be able to do more after work and not feel that the day is over so soon. I agree with the one poster about the farmers. Farmers are free to work their own hours. To the rest of the working class it matters because our day starts and finishes by our employer. And the little more time we could have with the sunrays will help our moods with eachother.
  • by Stuart Location: Grand Junction on Dec 8, 2010 at 10:59 PM
    I don't care which time we go on. I would just like to pick one and stick with it. Changing clocks twice a year is ridiculous.
  • by me Location: cs on Dec 8, 2010 at 08:35 PM
    @seriously: I'd rather have my 'internal body clock'..(look it up, it's real) messed up than to be mad at the whole world, with a chip on my shoulder all the time, like you have.
  • by Seriously on Dec 8, 2010 at 06:15 PM
    You people are so pathetic!! Those of you that are worried about crime, it happens all times of the day, not just the dark. If you're so worried about it, start a neighborhood watch in your area, install extra lights and pay attention to what going on outside and not the box you sit in front of all night long. The 2 whining about your alarm clocks, go buy new ones, they're cheap. @me, it's all in your head (psychological) peaches, poor thing!! You people really don't have anything better to do? Sad, sad!!
  • by C. on Dec 8, 2010 at 05:37 PM
    I'm all for getting rid of daylight savings time or as I call it, daylight stupid time! It's ridiculous! It gets dark when it's supposed to and the time on the clock has nothing to do with it. People don't mind going shopping or to a bar in the dark - so what's the problem? Changing the time, messes up everybody and we don't need anymore of that! They need to stick with the time the way it's supposed to be and stop manipulating everybody. If it's dark at four thirty - it's just as dark at five thirty! Common sense and reasoning - is scarce these days!
  • by me Location: cs on Dec 8, 2010 at 04:15 PM
    All I know is I get hungry or sleepy an hour earlier or later for weeks after the time changes! It's annoying! Let's choose one time & keep it! There's enuff stuff messin with our lives, as it is!
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 111542044 - kktv.com/a?a=111542044