Dense fog along the I-25 corridor has put Colorado Springs, Fountain and Pueblo police on accident alert Wednesday morning.
Accident Alert Status (AAS) is standard when road conditions place drivers at a higher risk of getting involved in a crash, as it helps police prioritize what crashes necessitate officer response.
When AAS is in effect, if there is a traffic accident and the following criteria are met, drivers can exchange information and report the accident online or pick up a form at any police station:
1) None of the drivers is suspected of driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
2) No one requires medical attention.
3) All drivers are still at the accident scene and have their license, registration and insurance information.
4) No public property was damaged (things like street signs or utility poles).
5) There was less than $1,000 in total damages to all involved vehicles.
Police say that if a wrecker is needed but all the above criteria is met, then a cold accident report can still be filed.
KKTV firmly believes in freedom of speech for all and we are happy to provide this forum for the community to share opinions and facts. We ask that commenters keep it clean, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments left here do not necessarily represent the viewpoint of KKTV 11 News.
If you believe that any of the comments on our site are inappropriate or offensive, please tell us by clicking “Report Abuse” and answering the questions that follow. We will review any reported comments promptly.powered by Disqus