Burger Joint Temporarily Closed After Grease Fire

By: KKTV
By: KKTV

Drifter's Hamburgers neat Chapel Hills Mall will be closed for a few days after a late night grease fire at the restaurant.

According to the Colorado Springs Fire Department, an automatic fryer failed to shut off after closing hours Saturday night, starting a small fire in the kitchen. A security officer at the mall noticed smoke and called 911.

Firefighters were forced to break in to access the fire due to the restaurant being closed at the time of the fire. Firefighters extinguished the fire within 20 minutes of arrival.

The Fire Department says the fire was limited to the deep fat fryer, but did cause some smoke damage, forcing the restaurant to close for the next few days.


KKTV firmly believes in freedom of speech for all and we are happy to provide this forum for the community to share opinions and facts. We ask that commenters keep it clean, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments left here do not necessarily represent the viewpoint of KKTV 11 News.

If you believe that any of the comments on our site are inappropriate or offensive, please tell us by clicking “Report Abuse” and answering the questions that follow. We will review any reported comments promptly.

powered by Disqus
KKTV 520 E. Colorado Colorado Springs, CO 80903 Office: (719) 634-2844 Fax: (719) 632-0808 News Fax: (719) 634-3741
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 206186621 - kktv.com/a?a=206186621