Apartment High Rise Fire Caused By Someone Smoking In Bed

By: kktv
By: kktv

A fire that injured several people Monday morning was started by someone smoking in bed with an oxygen tank, according to authorities in Lakewood.

Flames could be seen coming out of the sixth floor window of a high rise.

Nine people were hurt, including a firefighter. The firefighter and at least two other people were taken to the hospital.

The fire broke out at 6:17 a.m. It took firefighters about an hour to extinguish it.

Some residents will be displaced. The Red Cross is helping them find a place to stay.


KKTV firmly believes in freedom of speech for all and we are happy to provide this forum for the community to share opinions and facts. We ask that commenters keep it clean, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments left here do not necessarily represent the viewpoint of KKTV 11 News.

If you believe that any of the comments on our site are inappropriate or offensive, please tell us by clicking “Report Abuse” and answering the questions that follow. We will review any reported comments promptly.

powered by Disqus
KKTV 520 E. Colorado Colorado Springs, CO 80903 Office: (719) 634-2844 Fax: (719) 632-0808 News Fax: (719) 634-3741
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 265244411 - kktv.com/a?a=265244411