Family Tells 11 News Fire Was An Accident

By  | 

A fire destroys a home Sunday evening in Pueblo West.
11 News spoke to the family who lived there, Ashley and Charles Henslee.

It happened in a neighborhood near Highway 50 and Purcell Boulevard.

Charles tells us he was changing a fuel pump on his RV when it started sparking and smoking.

It later caught on fire and spread to their home. Charles ran inside to get his 5-month-old baby and his wife. They escaped without getting hurt. He says he is terribly sorry about the whole situation.

Their home was ruined along with the RV.

They tell us it's hard to believe they will never see their family pictures and baby clothes again but they are thankful for their lives.

The family will stay with Ashley's mother until they figure out where they are going to live.

Fire crews were able to save their pet rabbit.

Neighbors and Friends Of God Pueblo West church were on scene to help the family.

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus