A fire destroys a home Sunday evening in Pueblo West.
11 News spoke to the family who lived there, Ashley and Charles Henslee.
It happened in a neighborhood near Highway 50 and Purcell Boulevard.
Charles tells us he was changing a fuel pump on his RV when it started sparking and smoking.
It later caught on fire and spread to their home. Charles ran inside to get his 5-month-old baby and his wife. They escaped without getting hurt. He says he is terribly sorry about the whole situation.
Their home was ruined along with the RV.
They tell us it's hard to believe they will never see their family pictures and baby clothes again but they are thankful for their lives.
The family will stay with Ashley's mother until they figure out where they are going to live.
Fire crews were able to save their pet rabbit.
Neighbors and Friends Of God Pueblo West church were on scene to help the family.
KKTV firmly believes in freedom of speech for all and we are happy to provide this forum for the community to share opinions and facts. We ask that commenters keep it clean, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments left here do not necessarily represent the viewpoint of KKTV 11 News.
If you believe that any of the comments on our site are inappropriate or offensive, please tell us by clicking “Report Abuse” and answering the questions that follow. We will review any reported comments promptly.powered by Disqus