A fire destroys a home Sunday evening in Pueblo West.
11 News spoke to the family who lived there, Ashley and Charles Henslee.
It happened in a neighborhood near Highway 50 and Purcell Boulevard.
Charles tells us he was changing a fuel pump on his RV when it started sparking and smoking.
It later caught on fire and spread to their home. Charles ran inside to get his 5-month-old baby and his wife. They escaped without getting hurt. He says he is terribly sorry about the whole situation.
Their home was ruined along with the RV.
They tell us it's hard to believe they will never see their family pictures and baby clothes again but they are thankful for their lives.
The family will stay with Ashley's mother until they figure out where they are going to live.
Fire crews were able to save their pet rabbit.
Neighbors and Friends Of God Pueblo West church were on scene to help the family.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.