Kobe Bryant Case

By  | 

District Judge Terry Ruckriegle tells The
Associated Press that those mistakes should serve as a warning
against taking money away from the courts.

Ruckriegle agreed to a request from prosecutors Wednesday to
drop the rape case against Bryant, after they said his accuser
didn't want to continue.

Her lawyers say the 20-year-old has been under tremendous
pressure during the last year -- including when her name was
mistakenly released in court documents. Testimony from a
closed-door hearing on her sex life was also mistakenly e-mailed to
some media outlets -- including the A-P.

Ruckriegle blames the mistakes in part on budget cuts that has
created stress.

A spokesman for the governor says it's not fair to blame budget
problems for such mistakes.