A gas leak on Glen Avenue near the reservoir trail head in Palmer Lake has been taken care of and residents are okay to leave their houses.
Palmer Lake police say the call came in around 6:30 a.m. about a strong gas smell. Police say a meter was hit by a car that then ran from the scene. There were heavy gas fumes in the area so residents were warned to stay inside, and not to use appliances, light matches or start their cars.
Black Hills Energy capped the leak around 8:30 a.m. and tests of the air are now clean.
Stay with 11 News and KKTV.com for more.
KKTV firmly believes in freedom of speech for all and we are happy to provide this forum for the community to share opinions and facts. We ask that commenters keep it clean, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments left here do not necessarily represent the viewpoint of KKTV 11 News.
If you believe that any of the comments on our site are inappropriate or offensive, please tell us by clicking “Report Abuse” and answering the questions that follow. We will review any reported comments promptly.powered by Disqus
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.