A sexually violent predator will be released in El Paso County. Authorities are letting everyone know what he looks like, and where he'll be living.
The following is a release from the El Paso County Sheriff's Office:
COMMUNITY NOTIFICATION OF A “SEXUALLY VIOLENT PREDATOR”
The El Paso County Sheriff’s Office has been notified that Rashaun Faulcon, deemed a “sexually violent predator” (SVP) by the State of Colorado will be released from the Colorado Department of Corrections custody on April 18, 2007. Faulcon will reside at 3431 W. Colorado Avenue, #6, located in El Paso County. Accordingly, the El Paso County Sheriff’s Office has completed the following tasks, as required by law:
· Reviewed and confirmed Mr. Faulcon’s residence, employment, access to vehicles, legal status, and past crimes.
· Made personal and/or mail notifications to the neighbors and businesses in the immediate area of his residence.
· Briefed patrol personnel on Mr. Faulcon’s status, history, appearance, residence, employment and vehicles.
· Notified surrounding law enforcement agencies.
· Notified public transportation entities (bus and cab companies)
· Arranged for victim notification.
Mr. Faulcon’s criminal history reveals a 2001 conviction in Colorado for Sexual Assault and False Imprisonment. He was sentenced to 3 years under the jurisdiction of the Colorado Department of Corrections. He is described as a black male, 22 years of age, 6’01” tall, 155 lbs., with black hair, and brown eyes.
Sheriff Maketa takes Faulcon’s presence in our community very seriously. He is intent on insuring Mr. Faulcon conducts himself in a lawful manner and that our citizens remain safe and aware.
The Community Notification meeting will be held on Tuesday, April 17, 2007, 7:00 p.m., at the Manitou Springs City Hall, 606 Manitou Ave. This meeting is open to the public, but due to the mature content of the meeting, anyone under the age of 15 must be accompanied by an adult.
Anyone with further questions about this SVP and the Community Notification process may contact the El Paso County Sheriff’s Office Sex Offender Registration Coordinator, Dawn Capps, at 719-520-7333.
Lt. Clif Northam
Public Information Officer
El Paso County Sheriff's Office
(719) 520-7244 office
(719) 476-9742 pager