Chemical Leak

To join the conversation on this story and others, "like" our KKTV 11 News Facebook page!

Around 9 a.m. Tuesday, employees were evacuated from the international bible society.

Investigators say sulfuric acid was leaking from a battery back up system in the computer server room.

An on-site crew tried to neutralize the leak with baking soda, but the fumes made them sick.

The five people taken to Penrose Hospital were treated for minor respiratory irritation and nausea, then released.

KKTV 520 E. Colorado Colorado Springs, CO 80903 Office: (719) 634-2844 Fax: (719) 632-0808 News Fax: (719) 634-3741
Copyright © 2002-2015 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 640921 -
Gray Television, Inc.