The United Nations calls the on going government genocide in the Sudan, "the worst humanitarian crisis in the world today".
AFAT Sudan Flag
Several of the lucky survivors that have made it out of Sudan are called "The Lost Boys" and are now spread across the United States. A few of them are now living right here in Colorado Springs.
Many of them have lost their families to the war, and most don't even know when their birthday is or how old they are.
Two Cheyenne Mountain High School students are now stepping up by putting on a fundraiser to help them out.
Elise Kensinger and Sam Beach are holding a benefit dinner on February 26th, 2007 at Cheyenne Mountain High School.
Here are a few of the details of the Dinner:
- A fundraising event that will benefit victims of the ongoing Sudanese Genocide
- Dinner provided by The Blue Star
- Viewing of award winning documentary "Lost Boys Of Sudan"
- Silent Auction
- Question & Answers with local Lost Boys
- Monday, February 26th, 2007 6:30 - 8:30 P.M.
- Cafeteria of Cheyenne Mountain High School
- 1200 Cresta Road
Tickets: (Meal Included)
$15 for Adults
$10 for Students
RSVP by February 24th to sudan_project@hotmail.
or call: Elise Kensinger: 237-0609 or Sam Beach: 325-6478