KKTV 11 News | Colorado Springs, Pueblo |  Breaking News| Weather | School Closings | Traffic

Cooler Wednesday...PM Rain/Snow Too!

Apartment Fire

By: KKTV & Associated Press
By: KKTV & Associated Press

Clothing placed too close to a furnace is being blamed for a fire that charred an apartment in Colorado Springs Friday morning.

The fire broke out around 7:30 a.m. at the Palomar Lodge
Apartments on North Nevada. Three fire crews found the apartment fully engulfed in flames, but brought the blaze quickly under control.

A woman who lives in the unit told firefighters she spotted the flames shortly after her husband left for work.

Damage is estimated at $3,500 dollars. One dog died in the blaze, but no one else was hurt.


KKTV 520 E. Colorado Colorado Springs, CO 80903 Office: (719) 634-2844 Fax: (719) 632-0808 News Fax: (719) 634-3741
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 554987