Prosecutors in the Kobe Bryant sexual assault case say they won't appeal a judge's order to release some of the sealed records in the case.
District Attorney Mark Hurlbert says he has determined that the records slated to be released by last week's order wouldn' threaten Bryant's right to a fair trial or the privacy rights of the woman who accused Bryant of rape.
Chris Beall -- an attorney for media groups that had sought release of the records -- has said the groups will decide by the deadline Tuesday whether to appeal the order.
Last week, Eagle County Judge Frederick Gannett ruled that some sealed documents in the case could be released to the public. Those documents include the arrest warrant and return of service and a document outlining what types of evidence were taken from Bryant such as hair and fingerprint samples. But he ruled that the arrest affidavit and other documents that would detail allegations agains the N-B-A superstar have to remain sealed to protect fair-trial and privacy rights.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.