KKTV 11 News | Colorado Springs, Pueblo |  Breaking News| Weather | School Closings | Traffic

House Fire

By: KKTV
By: KKTV

A Springs family has something to be thankful for today. They were able to escape from their burning home.

The house, located in the 61 hundred block of Wilson Road near Centennial and Vindicator, caught fire early this afternoon.

Fire investigators believe an electric blanket is to blame for starting the fire.

The family was able to escape because of a smoke detector.

Preliminary estimates show the house suffered about 50 thousand dollars in damage.


KKTV 520 E. Colorado Colorado Springs, CO 80903 Office: (719) 634-2844 Fax: (719) 632-0808 News Fax: (719) 634-3741
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 444726