4 People Sickened After Dog Vomits Toxic Chemical

By  | 

Four people at an Edwards veterinary clinic were hospitalized after a dog that ingested what was likely rat poison vomited, filling the clinic with toxic fumes.

The Vail Daily reports the dog vomited the chemical after being brought into the Vail Valley Animal Hospital on Friday. A news release from the Eagle River Fire Protection District says three people in the room showed signs of "respiratory distress" and were taken to a hospital for treatment. A fourth person who may have been exposed was taken to the hospital as a precaution.

The dog later died.

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus