The Pitkin County Sherrif's office says a family of four found dead at an Aspen home with high levels of carbon monoxide were from Denver and were meeting friends at the resort town for the weekend.
The sheriff's office today identified the family as 39-year-old Parker Lofgren, 42-year-old Caroline Lofgren, and their children Owen, 10, and Sophie, 8.
Parker Lofgren was a founding partner of the Denver-based St. Charles Capital, an investment bank. The Rocky Mountain News is reporting his wife was involved with several charity boards, including Girls Incorporated of Metro Denver and the Colorado Symphony Orchestra. She also helped raise money for Historic Denver.
Friends found the family yesterday evening.
Sheriff spokeswoman Marie Munday says technicians found that a malfunction of the hot water and snowmelt systems led to extreme levels of carbon monoxide. She said the family arrived at the home sometime Thursday.
KKTV firmly believes in freedom of speech for all and we are happy to provide this forum for the community to share opinions and facts. We ask that commenters keep it clean, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments left here do not necessarily represent the viewpoint of KKTV 11 News.
If you believe that any of the comments on our site are inappropriate or offensive, please tell us by clicking “Report Abuse” and answering the questions that follow. We will review any reported comments promptly.powered by Disqus
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.