Some homes in the Stratmoor Valley neighborhood were evacuated Wednesday afternoon. The El Paso County Sheriff's Office says HAZMAT had to go to the neighborhood, after they discovered 4 chlorine gas cylinders were damaged during the recent fires. The evacuated area stretches from Kenzington and Maxwell, to Keswick and Kensington. Roads in that area were blocked off while crews put the cylinders in special containers, and took them away for disposal.
People were allowed to go back into their homes by 10 p.m. Wednesday night.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.