State health officials are asking Coloradans to make sure there is plenty of ventilation when cleaning storage areas, barns, cabins or trailers this spring to avoid Hantavirus, which has already killed one person this year.
The 22-year-old Adams County man died Jan. 11. Health officials did not release his name.
Hantavirus is transmitted when people inhale mist or dust from contaminated deer mouse feces, urine or saliva. Victims usually experience flu-like symptoms and can require hospitalization and ventilation within 24 hours.
State officials say it kills 30 percent of the people infected.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.