11 News Says Goodbye To Shannon Brinias

By: KKTV Email
By: KKTV Email

Shannon Brinias joined the KKTV 11 News team in 2006. Sadly, Tuesday evening's 10:00 newscast will be her last behind our news desk.

Shannon came to Southern Colorado from Seattle in 2006. After tonight, she will be moving on to the CBS affiliate in Sacramento, California.

"You certainly won't find anyone who loves this place as much as I have," Shannon said to the staff of KKTV Tuesday afternoon. "It's been great, and I thank you for all you've done."

Shannon's six-year co-anchor, Don Ward, wrote a blog looking back at their time working together. In it, he calculated they read over 3,000 newscasts side by side. [Read Don's Blog]

In addition to reading the news, Shannon has played a huge role in KKTV's philanthropic efforts. She's made hundreds of public appearances on behalf of community events and charitable organizations.

Our newsroom simply wont be the same without Shannon, but we wish her and her family the best of luck!

• by marty Location: canon city on Mar 12, 2012 at 11:50 AM
    .six years ago I was looking for a news station. After reading the Bio on Shannon I decided to watch KKTV. It was learning that she was a National Merit Finalist that attracted me to the station. I have forever been impressed with her reporting and thus the entire KKTV team. Best of wishes to Shannon.
  • by THE REAL MR X on Mar 11, 2012 at 01:33 AM
    SHANNON IS SEXY. I WILL MISS HER!!!!
  • by fan of Mr x on Mar 8, 2012 at 04:21 PM
    Dear Mr x please keep up the good work
      by LedHed on Mar 9, 2012 at 06:38 AM in reply to fan of Mr x
      Methinks that the only possible fan of "Mr. X" is...Mr. X! Perhaps posting under a pseudonym to support yourself? (naw, couldn't be!)
  • by a Brinias fan on Mar 8, 2012 at 09:59 AM
    Always liked her. She's pretty and friendly. Can't say the same about others on tv~!
  • by darn Location: n springs on Mar 8, 2012 at 08:01 AM
    I am actually upset because she was pretty hot. Hope they bring in some eye candy to replace her.
      by Mr x on Mar 8, 2012 at 11:27 AM in reply to darn
      hot? i think not. what,she's got kids and she's old. are their virgins any more. i know they stop making the i'am a virgin pins long long time ago.
        by Stonywan on Mar 8, 2012 at 03:12 PM in reply to Mr x
        I hear if you strap a bomb to yourself and blow yourself up, you'll get 72 virgins in the afterlife. You should give it a try.
  • by Aaron Location: Peyton on Mar 7, 2012 at 05:19 PM
    I had heard about Shannon Brinias leaving KKTV and must say I am gratified to discover it's true. I became a KRDO regular after the dismissal of Melissa Brown and Eric Singer back at the end of 2005, only because I couldn't bear to watch the wooden and contrived mannerisms of Brinias/Ward. I have tuned in from time to time, but I just could never warm up to these two - Brinias with her incessant head-bobbing/twisting matched with Ward's emotionless delivery - I don't think I've *ever* seen the man smile. The management can surely locate more human anchors, but you never know... perhaps they don't WANT human news anchors.
      by Mr x on Mar 7, 2012 at 10:35 PM in reply to Aaron
      Right on!
  • by LedHed on Mar 7, 2012 at 01:24 PM
    Well, "Mr. X" (I assume the "X" stands for "ex-con"), I'm glad to hear you have new wheels; the folks at Schwinn are doing amazing things these days, and I'm sure you'll have the training wheels off in no time. Your obvious lack of education instantaneously brands you as a boob to all who read your posts (funny how no one ever seems to agree with your profundities) and I hope you enjoy your life of dumpster diving and ramen-cuisine. I fully expect a reply telling me how well-off and successful you are, unfortunately, you've already proven otherwise, as not many talented individuals spell it "click" (LMAO!)
      by Mr x on Mar 7, 2012 at 10:32 PM in reply to LedHed
      Sleep tight. Keep those windows and doors closed. U never know who is outside!
        by LedHed on Mar 8, 2012 at 05:50 AM in reply to Mr x
        If it's a Nancy-boy like you, I think I'll manage...
  • by Anonymous on Mar 7, 2012 at 12:35 PM
    Mr. X is a loser and with so much time on his hands, he must be sitting in a house on wheels somewhere living off of my tax money! You have so much extra time on your hands, you should try to actually do something positive w/your time and stop being such a negative, foul and nasty person. But then again....I can assume this is what you do to make yourself feel better about they way you have turned out. Good luck with that!
      by Mr x on Mar 7, 2012 at 01:12 PM in reply to
      Actually my NEW wheels is n the garage and I have 2 more. Know how I got them?about free time,,,,I have plenty. I come n go as i please and I have NO one to tell me what to do. I like sitting here and commenting. And I really love to p*** people off like you because I'am not a part of your click. TY. KKTV
  • by Demetria Location: Colorado Springs on Mar 7, 2012 at 10:03 AM
    Thanks for all your hard work and effort, Shannon Brinias! Good luck with your new adventure!
  • by Arctic Warrior Location: Colorado Springs on Mar 7, 2012 at 08:20 AM
    Yet another "hottie" is departing a Colorado Springs newstation (Kellie MacMullen, Nina Sparano, Georgianne Lymberopulous). Does that mean Heather Skold is next?
      by Mr x on Mar 7, 2012 at 09:59 AM in reply to Arctic Warrior
      omg heather,,,,,,,,now she really looks like a ZOMBIE with that slanted mouth,,and wild hair,,,,i am running as fast as i can .
        by LedHed on Mar 7, 2012 at 10:12 AM in reply to Mr x
        Wow, you're sure cognizant of Heather's physical traits, thus, I think you meant "rubbing", not "running" (both hands on the keyboard, young man!)
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 141668273 - kktv.com/a?a=141668273