An intense fire tore through a house Thursday afternoon---leaving a Manitou Springs family out in the cold.
It started around 1 p.m. on the back porch of a house at Puma Path and East Fountain Place. Firefighters from Manitou Springs and Colorado Springs had the blaze under control by about 3 p.m.
No one was home at the time and no injuries were reported. The family’s cat also escaped the fire.
Investigators are searching for the cause, but they believe faulty wiring in the hot tub could be to blame.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.