A federal judge said Wednesday that Kobe Bryant's accuser must be publicly identified during her civil lawsuit.
U-S District Judge Richard Matsch says the public's interest in open court proceedings outweighs her desire to protect her identity.
Attorneys for the 20-year-old woman say she has been the subject
of death threats and sordid publicity for more than a year.
Attorneys for Bryant say she shouldn't be able to bring a "false
accusation'' without being identified.
An attorney for the woman, John Clune, had not seen the ruling
and had no immediate comment. He says there are no plans to drop
the civil lawsuit seeking unspecified damages from the Los Angeles
Prosecutors dismissed the felony sexual assault charge against
Bryant last month after the woman said she no longer wanted to
participate in a trial.
Bryant has always insisted the encounter between the two at a
Vail-area resort last summer was consensual.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.