The City of Colorado Springs Office of Emergency Management will host a community meeting for residents to provide an update on the Waldo Canyon Fire Burn Scar recovery as well as preparedness for natural disasters on Thursday, April 21 for residents along Camp Creek, North/South Douglas creeks, and for the general public.
Thursday, April 21, 2016
6:30 to 8:30 p.m.
Glen Eyrie Castle
3820 N. 30th Street
In addition to flash flood preparedness, topics will include:
• Analysis of recovery and mitigation efforts on the Waldo Canyon burn scar
• Weather forecasting and potential flood impact areas
• Methods for flash flood warnings
• City Disaster Preparedness including planning and responses
• New mitigation projects along the Waldo Canyon Fire Burn Scar