Top Economy Headlines
1,700 state employees make $100,000 or more
Posted: 9:57 AM
- More than 1,700 of Colorado's highest-paid state employees are making more than $100,000 a year.
President defends moves on immigration
Posted: 9:32 AM
- President Barack Obama is dismissing criticism that he overstepped his authority by acting unilaterally to shield millions of immigrants from the threat of deportation.
Fewer Illegal Immigrants Living in Colorado
- The total number of immigrants living in the United States illegally hasn't changed much since 2009, but where they settle has.
Rocky Mountain National Park visits break record
- Visitation to Rocky Mountain National Park this year has topped the 3.2 million mark, the highest the park has ever received.
Device Keeps Cars from Starting if Loans Aren't Paid
- A new device is enabling people with no or poor credit get a car loan without a 20 percent interest rate attached.
Dairy Queen Says Data Breached At Stores
- Dairy Queen says that its payment systems were breached by hackers who may have gained access to customer names, credit and debit card numbers, and expiration dates.
Movie expected to be boon for western Colorado
- Writer-director Quentin Tarantino's next film is going to be shot in Colorado. State officials say western Colorado businesses will probably get a significant share of the $9.3 million in vendor spending the project is expected to generate.
FEMA Says It Wants Flood Relief Money Back
- After last fall's flooding, FEMA gave thousands of dollars to a small Colorado community, but now they say the grant was a mistake and they want the money back.
56 Million Customers Affected In Home Depot Breach, Company Has Eliminated Malware
- Home Depot estimates that a cyberattack earlier this year affected 56 million unique payment cards. The company said Thursday that the malware used in the attack has been removed from its systems.
Another Unit Back Online at Drake, Utility Rate Decrease Proposed
- Colorado Springs Utilities is proposing another utility rate decrease now that Unit 7 is back online at the Drake Power Plant.
More Top Economy Headlines
Colorado Springs Gas Prices