Job Description and Responsibilities:
As the Digital Sales Assistant, you will work with Account Executives and our Digital Sales Specialist on our digital sales process from start to finish. You are responsible for overseeing and implementing digital sales campaigns. You are both a salesperson, and a partner to our sales staff (Account Executives.) You will sell on your own, and alongside our Account Executives. You will be the point person for our digital vendor/s, and will keep the AE’s educated on all products and services. You will follow our defined sales processes, which focus on results for our clients, and return on their advertising investment. You must be customer-service oriented as you support both our clients and our AE’s. You will roll up your sleeves and work with the team to get the job done. You must be hungry for success, eager to learn and teach new digital strategies, have a sales background, and be able to prospect and sell. You must thrive on problem-solving and creating solutions, with strong analytical and strategic-thinking skills. You will coach and inspire the sales team as they grow into multi-media consultants. You will have the power of Gray’s digital agency providing you with the best marketing products and strategies in the industry today, as well as the power of KKTV, the powerhouse CBS affiliate which produces more local news than any other news source in the Colorado Springs/Pueblo market.
• Associates or Bachelor’s degree, preferably in digital marketing or advertising, or equivalent work-related experience.
• At least 1 years of digital sales and account management experience at a media outlet, advertising/marketing agency or related business is preferred.
• Leadership experience.
• Digitally savvy with a thorough understanding including audience targeting, SEO/SEM, social media, database marketing, YouTube, etc.
• A self-starter with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, in a fast paced work environment.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with both internal and external customers as well as work well across functional groups. Good probing and listening skills are necessary to coach and support others and uncover needs and opportunities.
• The ability to present information and train others. Demonstrated knowledge of presentation software.
• Knowledge of MS Office products including Word, Excel and PowerPoint is required.
• Knowledge of CRM tools, preferably Wide Orbit, is preferred.