9-year-old boy killed in Colorado Springs car crash ID'd

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (KKTV) - A 9-year-old child has died following a crash in the northeast part of Colorado Springs.

On Friday, police were called to a two-vehicle crash at Highway 83 and North Powers Boulevard at about 5:15 p.m. A witness to the crash pulled a little boy from the wreckage.

Taylor Brock and other good Samaritans did everything they could to save his life.

"I kind of turned him and there's no life in him. I tried to move his arm but you would tell I would have to carry him out of the vehicle," she said.

The boy was riding in a sedan that was trying to make a left on Powers late Friday afternoon when a SUV traveling north on Highway 83 t-boned it.

Police say the 9-year-old wasn't wearing a seat belt and suffered life-threatening injuries when he was taken to the hospital. Police announced the child died the following day.

"I called [911] the second it happened -- it was 5:17 [p.m.] -- and when it was safe, I turned and pulled over. ... I pulled over and I rushed out and I could see the mom -- she's in the passenger seat -- and I thought she was trying to get her purse or something, but I open her car door and I asked her if she was OK. I looked in the back and saw her son laying in the back, and I wasn't expecting to see that, so I rushed to open the back door and I leaned over and he was lying limp on the seat.

"When I pulled him out of the car, there was nothing restraining him."

Police told Brock over the phone to perform CPR. At first, she couldn't feel a pulse.

"I just thought he was already gone. ... There was nothing I could do to help him, I didn't know what to do, I just did the best I could."

A total of four people were taken to the hospital, including the child.

It isn't clear who caused the crash as the investigation continues. Police say high speeds, alcohol and drugs are not considered factors in the crash.

Brock said she bought cards and flowers for the child's mother.

"I can't imagine what the mom feels like. ... I am sorry that they have to go through that; I see him when I close my eyes, I see him and his face, and I pray constantly for them and for their comfort."

The coroner identified the child as Osvaldo Aragon-Quintero.