ENT Really is Sharing the Wealth with its Members

Surprise, surprise! This coming Wednesday, January 25th you're getting some extra cash.

We're talking about amounts from $25 all the way up to $1,000, which will be deposited into your savings account.

A few have already called to ask, "Is this a joke, a scam? What's the catch?"

ENT Federal Credit Union tells me... no catch. ENT had a great 2011 and it's sharing the wealth with 208,000 of its 209,000 members.

For the first time ever the 55 year old credit union is passing along a special dividend.

I'm told average customers will be getting $50 deposited into their primary savings account, but some may get as much as $1,000.

The amount's based on the percentage of interest they paid on loans and the dividends they earned on their deposits in 2011.

Altogether $10-million is being given back in the special dividend.

Members are hearing about it on ENT's website and on Facebook and Twitter.

Plus, those 208,000 members getting dough are also getting a letter in the mail.

So for once, no warning from this consumer reporter just a congrats. Enjoy it!

• by Anonymous on Jan 27, 2012 at 08:41 PM
    my 13 yr old son even got 25 bucks deposited into his savings.
  • by Jess Location: Colorado Springs on Jan 26, 2012 at 11:57 AM
    @Joseph: When any financial institution opens a new account for someone they pull that person's credit score, as well as a report that tells them if you owe any other institutions money (ie, didnt pay your loan, or took your account negative and never paid it back, etc.) these things will determine what type of account, if any, they can open for you based on the risk (which is based on your past credit/account behavior). different finanical institutions have different guidelines as to how much risk they are willing to take by opening an account for prospective customers. Ent has remained very conservative to this end--which is the very reason for their outstanding financial strength in 2011.
  • by Anonymous Location: Fountain on Jan 26, 2012 at 08:02 AM
    I got $287. That was a very nice present (and much needed). Thanks Ent!
  • by wait on Jan 25, 2012 at 02:45 PM
    So what is the criteria for denying just 1000 people?
  • by Anonymous on Jan 25, 2012 at 07:51 AM
    Got my $25 today! Thank you--nice suprise :)
  • by John Location: Fountain on Jan 24, 2012 at 09:05 AM
    Well now they make me wish I used their savings account. I only use ENT for my checking account for paying bills and I had no loans from them last year. I have had ENT for around 15 years now. Only time I had an issue with them was when they wanted to charge me something like 17 percent for a motorcycle loan. Another bank gave me 4.75 percent. Go figure.
  • by Patricia Location: Colorado Springs on Jan 24, 2012 at 07:47 AM
    I being with Ent since December of 2000 and i never had a problem with my bank, everytime there was a "fishy" transaction they will always notify me, they do take care of me and im not a big invester, just an average worker with a paycheck and they still take care of me all the time, thank you ENT, you are the best!!!!
  • by Joseph Location: Colo Springs on Jan 24, 2012 at 07:44 AM
    Ent turned me doen for "membership" while other banks welcomed me with open arms. So I have to wonder why they discriminated against me? They never would say.
  • by Mark Location: ColoSpgs on Jan 24, 2012 at 06:19 AM
    I have been with Ent since 1975; 37 years of hassle-free, friendly, professional service. Many loans have been granted in that time, never any problems or issues. Great, customer orientated organization. As others have said, another great reason to leave the banks and their fees behind.....you will be glad you made the switch! Thanks Ent!
  • by Mayor Ryan on Jan 24, 2012 at 03:51 AM
    I've been with ENT for six years now. Great credit union. I don't know why people still support banks that are part of the problem and received bailout money. Those banks also pay zero interest, might as well put a safe in your house instead.
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 137925088 - kktv.com/a?a=137925088