Recent 11 News Investigations
Petition Against Local Fire Chief
- A feud between agencies is now spilling out into the community and some homeowners want their local fire chief fired. There is now a petition against the Black Forest fire chief.
Local County Commissioner Absent From Meetings
- A county commissioner at the center of an 11 News investigation was absent from another commissioner meeting.
UPDATE: Former DUI Officer Reacts To An 11 Call for Action Investigation
- An expert on Colorado DUI law discussed specifics of state statutes with 11 News after authorities say they found Pueblo County Commissioner Buffie McFadyen and Pueblo Democratic Party Chair Ron Greenwell intoxicated in a parked SUV after they've been drinking. The commissioner said she only had one glass of wine.
Neighbor Stops Complaining About Family's Handicap Ramp
- A family who says neighbors complained about their child's handicap ramp says the complaints have now stopped.
Man Who Made Critical Waldo Canyon Fire 911 Call Shares Story
- The man who made a critical 911 call hours before the Waldo Canyon Fire grew out of control is now sharing his story.
11 Investigates Critical 911 Call Made During Waldo Canyon Fire
- 11 News has uncovered that a critical 911 call made during the Waldo Canyon Fire may have helped crews find the fire before it got out of control.
11News Investigates Vacant House Occupied
- Tonight a family is living in a million dollar house for free and the owners want them out. Now the El Paso County District Attorney's office is trying to figure out who's right.
After KKTV 11News got a Call for Action, 11 news anchor Betty Sexton went to check it out.
Sewer Line Clogged
- If you live in an older neighborhood you may be plagued by tree roots clogging up your sewer line.
It was a big problem for one Springs woman who couldn't afford the fix until she hooked up with the right people.
She eventually got free help which is readily available to others.
11News Investigates: Caylee's Story
- When you take your baby to an emergency room you probably expect to see a doctor right away.
But one local family was forced to wait and their baby girl did not survive.
Couple Killed In Waldo Canyon Fire Not Registered For Evacuation Order
- The address where two people were found dead following the Waldo Canyon Fire had no associated phone numbers registered for emergency notifications, according to the El Paso and Teller County 911 authority.
More Recent 11 News Investigations