Been updating you the last couple of days on the impending severe weather outbreak that will hit areas east of the Mississippi River on Friday. The area of greatest impact:
Here are a few things to consider:
1. Storms will be moving very fast, possibly 60-70 mph
2. Conditions are ripe for long lasting and violent tornadoes.
3. The area that is threatened is a very populated area.
4. It is extremely important that people take immediate action when warnings are issued, as they may not have a lot of time to act.
5. Even if tornadoes are not as widespread as we think, widespread damaging straight-line winds will be...
Hopefully, people will understand what a day like tomorrow means and will pay very close attention. If we get through tomorrow without a major city being struck by a tornado, we will be extremely lucky. Chief Meteorologist Brian Bledsoe