Did Broncos season get you down?
Did you grow tired of the Melo-Drama that took the Nuggets hostage for the better part of six months?
Have you given up on the Colorado Avalanche?... yes, they're still playing (ugh!)
Have no fear, THE ROCKIES ARE HERE!
Remember when baseball season was a drag? And we couldn't wait for football, basketball and hockey season to begin? Those days are LOOOONG over my friend. Baseball is now the crown jewel of the Colorado Sports scene. Not only are the Rockies made up of quality human beings, they are a solid baseball team that has a legitimate chance to contend for a National League title once again. The patience has paid off big time! For years baseball fans grew tired of the Rockies stance on developing home-grown talent through the minor-league system. But turns out the approach has not only produced big-league talent, it's produced BIG-TIME, BIG LEAGUE TALENT that is helping the Rockies rise to the top of the National League. Troy Tulowitzki, Ubaldo Jimenez, Ian Stewart, Seth Smith, Dexter Fowler are just a handfull of the home-grown players who are now household names in baseball circles.
With a solid nucleus of veteran players, I think the Rockies are ready to contend for a World Series once again. Here are my predictions heading into the 2011 baseball season.
1. Colorado Rockies 2. San Francisco Giants 3. San Diego Padres 4. Los Angeles Dodgers 5. Arizona Diamondbacks
1. Cincinnati Reds 2. Milwaukee Brewers 3. St. Louis Cardinals 4. Chicago Cubs 5. Houston Astros 6. Pittsburgh Pirates
1. Atlanta Braves 2. Philadelphia Phillies 3. Washington Nationals 4. NY Mets 5. Florida Marlins
NLDS: Phillies over Rockies, Reds over Braves
NLCS: Philles over Reds
1. Anaheim Angels 2. Texas Rangers 3. Seattle Mariners 4. Oakland Athletics
1. Minnesota Twins 2. Detroit Tigers 3. Chicago White Sox 4. Cleveland Indians 5. Kansas City Royals
1. Boston Red Sox 2. NY Yankees 3. Toronto Blue Jays 4. Tampa Bay Devil Rays 5. Baltimore Orioles
ALDS: Red Sox over Tigers, Angels over Twins
ALCS: Angels over Red Sox
WORLD SERIES: Anaheim Angels over Philadelphia Phillies