Here is what we at KKTV thought were the top ten plays of the Air Force football season. You can watch the top ten plays as they happened on our sports page. www.kktv.com/sports
10. Garrett Rybak comes up with an acrobatic interception of Wyoming's Karsten Sween. The interception led an Air Force touchdown in what turned out to be a narrow victory over a Mountain West opponent.
9. The Falcons run wild on San Diego State. Chad Hall, Ty Paffett and Jim Ollis all went over the 100 yard mark and each score at least two touchdowns.
8. Drew Fowler picks off CSU's Caleb Hanie in the first quarter in Fort Collins. Fowler returned it for a touchdown to give Air Force a 14-0 lead in a game they went on to win 45-21.
7. Bobby Giannini came up with a bizarre touchdown. Giannini picked up a fumble and returned it for a touchdown, however he was the only player on the field still running. Both sides thought the play was dead, but after review Giannini's touchdown stands.
6. After a storied career as a four year starter, quarterback Shaun Carney leaves the field to a standing ovation during the season ending blow out of San Diego State.
5. John Rabold gives Jimmy Clausen the old Heisman. After picking up a fumble, Rabold gave the Notre Dame quarterback a stiff are on the way to scoring a touchdown.
4. Chad Hall breaks the all time rushing record against CSU. Hall rushed for 256 yards against the Rams and then broke his own record just three weeks later.
3. The Falcon defense comes up with a big time goal line stand in Salt Lake City. The Utes were stopped on back to back plays on their own one yard line. The plays sealed the win for Air Force.
2. Trailing 17-10 in the fourth quarter against TCU, Jim Ollis turned on the jets and rumbled 71 yards for a touchdown that tied the game at 17.
1. Same game, with TCU driving for a game winning field goal, they decided to take a shot into the endzone. That idea backfired as senior cornerback Carson Bird picked off the pass and sent the game into overtime. In OT, Ryan Harrison kicked the game winner that moved Air Force to 3-0 on the year and began the run that landed them in the Armed Forces Bowl.
So, those are our top ten, what are yours? If you would like to comment or leave your own top ten you can post that in the top right hand corner of the page.
KKTV firmly believes in freedom of speech for all and we are happy to provide this forum for the community to share opinions and facts. We ask that commenters keep it clean, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments left here do not necessarily represent the viewpoint of KKTV 11 News.
If you believe that any of the comments on our site are inappropriate or offensive, please tell us by clicking “Report Abuse” and answering the questions that follow. We will review any reported comments promptly.powered by Disqus
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.