Who Read What In 2010
A look back in blogs.
I'll start 2011 with a look back at 2010. I wrote 139 entries in "The Written Ward" in 2010. Some were very serious, some were kind of funny. I need to write them more often and keep them a little shorter.
When you mention the name of a famous person or a famous song or TV show...you tend to get more views. People search those terms and sometimes wind up here. That explains some of what follows.
Because we're 11 News here are the top 11 (in reverse order) most-viewed blog entries at "The Written Ward" As long as someone keeps reading them I'll keep writing them. Take a look.
11) This Man vs Food : Food Won - July 27th - With the competitive eating trend somehow gaining popularity I wrote about a Colorado chow-down challenge I remember but I'd rather forget.
Read it here: http://www.kktv.com/blogs/blogwithdon/99385409.html
10) Caught With My Pants On- January 6th - This is the follow up to the entry that came in at #2, so if you're reading these, skip this one for now.
Read it here: http://www.kktv.com/blogs/blogwithdon/80844767.html
9) School Shooting - Hero Teacher - February 23rd - A man opened fire at a Colorado school and a teacher stopped the violence. This is about how we all hope we'd be able to do something like that if we had to.
Read it here http://www.kktv.com/blogs/blogwithdon/85152577.html
8) Saw McCartney with Lennon - July 18th This is about a family connection to a music legend.
Read it here: http://www.kktv.com/blogs/blogwithdon/98711214.html
7) For John - October 31st - This is my favorite of the year, it's about why I give my time to a particular charity.
6) Longs Peak - Long Day - August 22nd - This is about the greatest thing I'll never do again. I topped this famous fourteener. Why it was so much harder than I expected.
Read it here: http://www.kktv.com/blogs/blogwithdon/101264064.html
5) A Mistake That Will Stay - August 17th - Started out as a quick piece about a funny sign, gained a lot more views because of a .....crazy comment!
Read it here (with the comment) http://www.kktv.com/blogs/blogwithdon/100922259.html
4) Paul McCartney- Mac Is Back - July 15th - More McCartney, this was a quick mention about the show I couldn't wait to see that night, with a look back at a remarkable behind-the-scenes moment from the last time he was here.
Read it here: http://www.kktv.com/blogs/blogwithdon/98537829.html
3) Do Anchors Wear Pants? January 4th - I wrote this on a whim because I really have been asked that question. It got a lot of attention (See number 10) It was even quoted recently on the website for a famous magazine in Canada!
Read it here:http://www.kktv.com/blogs/blogwithdon/80646412.html
2) Undercover Boss, A Show With Soul - February 14th. I wrote this after I watched and really liked the first episode of a new show on CBS. I updated it when I didn't like the second one nearly as much, but episodes after that have been good.
Read it here: http://www.kktv.com/blogs/blogwithdon/84350112.html
The most viewed entry is all about a song.
1) Pure Imagination - May 12th - I heard the old song on the commercial we've all seen and heard so much now. It took me back to being a kid. Lots have people must have been curious about the song, and searched for information, and been linked to this blog. This got the most views of any entry at "The Written Ward" in 2010.
Read it here: http://www.kktv.com/blogs/blogwithdon/93617629.html
The most popular ones aren't always my favorites. Here are a few others I really enjoyed writing, that didn't make the list:
"9/11- A Reporter's Notebook" September 11th http://www.kktv.com/blogs/blogwithdon/102697564.html
"A Lowbrow No Brow Moment" March 9th http://www.kktv.com/blogs/blogwithdon/87159122.html
"Rock Stars Signed My Blog" May 30th http://www.kktv.com/blogs/blogwithdon/95226799.html
"Thunderbird Ride" May 25th http://www.kktv.com/blogs/blogwithdon/94879159.html
"Columbine - 11 Years Ago Today" April 20th http://www.kktv.com/blogs/blogwithdon/91634029.html
"A Shirt Tale" May 23rd http://www.kktv.com/blogs/blogwithdon/94704669.html
"One Of Those Memorable Stories" September 6th http://www.kktv.com/blogs/blogwithdon/102302694.html
"A Minor 60 Minutes Connection" January 25th http://www.kktv.com/blogs/blogwithdon/82630432.html
Read some old ones if you can. Read some new ones please. I'll try to do 2 or 3 a week in 2011, maybe get 150 for the year this time.....149 to go!
We'll talk again soon!
KKTV firmly believes in freedom of speech for all and we are happy to provide this forum for the community to share opinions and facts. We ask that commenters keep it clean, keep it truthful, stay on topic and be responsible. Comments left here do not necessarily represent the viewpoint of KKTV 11 News.
If you believe that any of the comments on our site are inappropriate or offensive, please tell us by clicking “Report Abuse” and answering the questions that follow. We will review any reported comments promptly.powered by Disqus